S&R - Show & Race Ready Equine Sports Massage
Equine Sports Massage
Equine sports massage is an alternative, non-invasive therapy that benefits all equines (whether active, inactive, or rehab) through manipulation of the soft tissue and muscle fibers. Massage helps increase circulation and this promotes rapid healing and can decrease the risk of injury or re-injury. Massage therapy in horses assists in relaxing tension and helps relieve muscle spasms. Working your horse's muscles, the strains, bruises, kinks, and swelling that come with every day wear and tear (let alone that of extreme disciplines) will help your horse become softer, more relaxed, happier, and more capable as an athlete.
More and more people in the horse industry are turning to alternative therapies for numerous reasons - to benefit their horse's mental, physical, and over-all well being. Equine sports massage really helps the athletic qualities shine in a horse due to its many benefits.
Help enhance your horse's performance.
Various Benefits of Equine Sports Massage
- Increased circulation in all circulatory systems (blood, lymph, air, cerebrospinal fluid, nerve impulses)
- Releases toxins.
- Releases endorphins (natural pain relief).
- Reduces inflammation and swelling in joints.
- Increases joint fluid.
- Reduces tension in all areas of the body.
- Promotes rapid healing through improving circulation to and around injury sites.
- Enhances muscle tone.
- Increases flexibility and range of motion.
- Quiets and improves dispoisiton aka "mental" being of animal.
- Will help restore any damaged muscles and helps act as a prevention to future injuries.
- Helps break down scar tissue.
- Manipulates muscles to help maintain activity to remain in shape, even while on rehab or off for time.
- Helps enhance performance, tractability, and athleticism.
- Helps restore sensory motor integration.
- Makes a horse safer to work with by making a horse more touchable, approachable, attentive, and comfortable with being handled.
- Benefits all individual horses over-all.
Please contact to arrange for an appointment or with any questions. Demonstrations, clinics, and sessions available.
- Initial Assesment Massage - $75-
- Returning Client Massage Session - $65-
- Pre-show massage - $45 (session is approx. 1/2 an hour)
- Clinic Fee - Varies.
Discounts may apply!